BFE EP16: The Beauty In Resilience with Jason Michaels
IN THIS EPISODE:
As a young boy, Jason Michaels was diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome. The diagnosis could have stopped him in his tracks but he chose to chase his career in acting and later as a magician. Today he combines his love of performing, sharing his story, and also training people on how to be resilient. You’ll love Jason’s journey to get to the top and his thoughts on branding.
- Jason’s Website - https://www.jasonmichaelsmagic.com
- Resilience Training - https://www.jasonmichaelsmagic.com/resilience-training-alt
- #DoTheImpossible Podcast with Jason & Stephen - https://www.jasonmichaelsmagic.com/podcast-index#podcast
- Jason’s Book can be purchased on Amazon. You Can Do the Impossible, Too! https://www.amazon.com/You-Can-Impossible-Too-Professional-ebook/dp/B0711SLY79?SubscriptionId=0ENGV10E9K9QDNSJ5C82&tag=&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B0711SLY79
- Watch Jason on TEDx - https://youtu.be/nSIwU37Kl20
- Watch Jason perform on Mike Huckabee - https://youtu.be/BA9HhPU3Mlg
03:25 TedX Excerpt
03:46 Is Jason Michaels your real name?
05:32 What’s your background in entertainment & how’d you start?
09:07 What led you to want to speak more than just being a magician?
12:09 Transitioning to more speaking gigs
14:29 About Tourette Syndrome and education
18:36 Paralyzed by a diagnosis
20:04 Ripping of the label and finding the tools to help yourself (and others)
22:26 Resilience Training Course
23:14 About #DoTheImpossiblePodcast with Jason & Stephen (Bargatze)
25:38 Transitioning and the Rebranding of Jason Michaels
28:52 Five words to sum up Jason Michaels & using them as a brand
30:14 Upcoming Episode info
30:56 Wrapping up with Jason Michaels
31:45 Resources and Outro