Gen X – Generation Zen
As the first generation whose parents often both held jobs outside the home, members of Generation X are known for having a healthy distrust of authority and for doing things their own way. Gen-Xers tend to be ambivalent about entrusting their money with digital payment technologies, but that doesn’t mean they’re tech-averse.
In this episode, host Erin Dangler and fellow Gen-Xer Jason Pavona, senior vice president and general manager of global e-commerce at FIS, hash out why their generation prizes independence and security, still clings to their credit cards, and remains loyal to trusted brands.
FIS’s Jason Pavona shares the Gen-X perspective as we continue to explore trends in how different generations like to shop and pay. Topics include:
- How brands can connect with this supposedly “marketing-resistant” generation
- Why Gen-X’s has been slow to adopt digital payments, and how to win their confidence around security issues
- What Gen-X’s extensive use of social media means for future payment trends
- Why they love their credit cards
- How to design rewards programs to attract Gen X customers