More Than Just Currency: The Crypto and Blockchain Revolution
The world has cryptocurrency on the brain. And with new coins being released, seemingly, every day, and mammoth losses and gains occurring among the most popular cryptocurrencies, it’s no wonder why. And where some see danger in those troughs and peaks, others see opportunity - opportunity not just in the financial gains to be had, but in the blockchain technology behind these digital currencies. Indeed, crypto and blockchain might not just have the potential to diversify investors’ asset portfolios, they might actually be poised to completely evolve our financial ecosystem.
In this episode, we’ll be joined by John Avery, senior strategy director at FIS; Patrick Sells, CIO at NYDIG; and Richard Walker, principal at Deloitte. We’ll explore what has caused the surge in popularity of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, and we’ll discuss what the long-term impacts of these could be. We’ll also look at the potential implications of more widely adopting a decentralized finance model and examine whether crypto and blockchain could herald the demise of cash.
We’ll also ask:
- How are financial institutions and the capital markets reacting to crypto and blockchain?
- What are the drawbacks of a centralized financial system?
- How are different generations adopting cryptocurrency?
- Why are everyday savers, as well as high-net-worth investors, attracted to crypto?
- Could the world be moving away from fiat money do de-fi?