How to Strengthen Your Online Business and Outlast Your Competitors With Greg Elfrink [Ep. 96]
It’s been a tough year for the online business industry. Competition remains steep, aggregators are battening down the hatches, and Google algorithm updates continue to plague entrepreneurs.
But Greg Elfrink, the Director of Marketing at Empire Flippers, believes that these challenges hide a plethora of golden opportunities just waiting to be seized by eagle-eyed entrepreneurs.
In this episode, Greg explains how online business owners can build a moat around their businesses to help them ride out the storm and outlast the competition. He discusses how AI will impact marketing and content creation moving forward, and the best way to shield your business from pesky algorithm updates. According to Greg,
“The number one thing you can do to protect your business from Google algorithm updates is to build an audience you retain. So, whether you’re growing an affiliate site or an eCommerce store - build an email list. That is your biggest asset that the algorithms can’t do anything about.”
Greg also shares his expert marketing knowledge, revealing the latest clever marketing trick that caught his attention, the bad marketing advice you should avoid, and some quick wins that will take your marketing efforts from good to great.
If you're looking for the inside scoop on the current state of the online business industry, then this is the episode for you.
We close out the show with an exciting announcement about the future of the podcast, so be sure to listen to the end of the episode!
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- The events that impacted the online business industry in 2022 (04:24)
- The opportunities to be found in the doom and gloom (08:17)
- What the online business landscape looks like for sellers (10:37)
- How to protect your business from Google algorithm updates (17:56)
- How AI will impact content creation (22:28)
- The most recent clever marketing strategy that caught Greg’s attention (27:20)
- The challenges online entrepreneurs are facing at the moment (30:20)
- The quick marketing wins business owners can use to move the needle (33:54)
- Bad marketing advice you should avoid (38:23)
- An exciting change to The Opportunity podcast (48:28)
Sit back, grab a coffee, and learn about the latest industry opportunities you can take advantage of!